Tuesday 13 October 2009

Themes Themes Themes!

Today I felt like looking for some fun themes for a wedding. I just skimmed but I found some rather inspiring sites about this!

Well, I'm not going to bore you all with EVERY theme I came up with... not today. I'll do this in snips and dedictate every posts regarding this to one particular theme.
So my theme for the day is Marie Antoinette weddings:
What usually are assosiated with this theme are pastel colours basically mixed together (however it tends to be primarily pink), gold and over-the-top floral motives.

Plumes of ostrich feathers, shoes, fans, plush baroque chairs, gorgeous ball gowns, flowers, hair (a la Elton John), cake, cake and let them have more cake!

All of these wonderful ideas derive from the website Daliy Wedshare. For more theme inspirations please have a look!
What we missed out somewhat in our last pictures, however, was lace. Spools of jet black lace. The problem with this is that black lace can really deviate to much from the pastel colour scheme. So why not MAKE the lace your theme? A black and white wedding, Antoinette-style:

One of my more latest favourites is the site Parisian Events. It's run by an American lady who lives in Paris. Who knows better than to handle such a theme than someone who can get inspiration from Versaille first hand? The inspiration board above is credited to her site, mainly her blog. Go check it out!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous post!!!! I loved it--as you knew I would...thanks for the link to Paresian Events...it`s a new one to me.

    I`m looking forward to see more of this theme posts as well as the fun MOnday one`s...well done Laan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the Marie Antoinette theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW these look amazing, just book our wedding reception at a look Golf Hotel hopefully when we do it all up the day before it will look half as good as this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails