Tuesday 6 October 2009

Back from the UK!

What a lovely weekend with my mother and sister!
Saturday we went to Westfield Mall in London. So. Cool! Especially the section with its own flair: The Village

We did go into Debenhams, like I said before. There are pretty dresses there... except I kept picking out the ones that do NOT suit Ny.

FYI to all my bridesmaids... bubble dresses have been scratched from the list:




On Sunday we went to Ascot for a wedding fair. It was hosted at the Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa and it included a bridal fashion show and a tour (which we had to skip).

The fair gave a good idea of prices, themes ect. It was also fun to discuss wedding stuff with other Brides to be. We also browsed around the vendor displays (Ny wanted to try out the cakes), and every time they asked me if I had a venue in mind I had to stop myself from saying "Sou- erm still not sure".

The mini fashion show was very informative. Instead of just picking out the skinniest girls they could find, the show was based on a number of sizes and ideas on what will fit which body-type. They also had a couple of bridesmaid dresses but they generally followed the same fashion trend.

The hotel was lovely too but we're not looking for venues in the UK. I love Ascot hats, though! If I was getting married in that area I would deffinately have found a way to incorperate the theme:


A couple of problems with that:

-We would have to invite less people (not enough room with all those BIG hats)
-We would need a bigger venue (even with a cut wedding list!)
-We would need to raise the seats (can't see over the lady's hat)
-Ascot hats are expensive...

Oh well, still sounded like fun!

1 comment:

  1. What an experience...wedding fair at Ascot!!! Love the pics Laan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails